Thank you for considering St. Gregory the Great School for your child's education! We have outstanding programs that help our young people become strong in their faith and academically sound for whatever they wish to pursue after the elementary and middle school years. Please click on the links to the left to find out about our Pre-School, Early Kindergarten and our K-8 educational programs.
We are a parish school subsidized by the parish for a significant amount of our budget. We establish the following guidelines for accepting registration for the school:
1. Size of each grade level is limited to 75 students.
2. Siblings of children already registered have first preference.
3. Second preference is for children of parishioners. **
4. Non-parishioners may then be accepted. Non-parishioners will be charged the non-parishioners' rate.
5. If the grade level is full, we will maintain a waiting list.
Students entering kindergarten are required to be five years old on or before December 1 in the year enrolling for school. Requirements for all children entering kindergarten include a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, social security number, and $100 non-refundable deposit. There is an additional $150 new family registration fee.
Registration for kindergarten begins in October. Dates will be published in the church bulletin and school newsletter. Prospective Kindergarten children will be tested in June. Actual acceptance occurs if the child meets the requirements of the screening test. (The deposit will be refunded only if requirements are not met, or if the family moves from the area.)
Any other student/students registering at St. Gregory's School will have a formal interview with the Principal or Assistant Principal before official acceptance. Appropriate testing may be given to students. Parents arrange to provide copies of school records. Each student requires a $100 registration fee plus an additional $150 new family registration fee.
** Stewardship defines a parishioner as one who gives of time, talent, and treasure. We expect our school families to meet the following criteria in order to receive the parishioner rate for tuition:
1. Registered with the parish and participate in at least 80% of the weekend liturgies as evidenced by envelope usage.
2. Participate in at least one ministry, which includes but is not limited to Home School Association, Athletic Association and School Board. Many other ministries are offered.
3. Support the parish financially through regular offertory contributions.