Pre – K
Our school is a special place where children have the opportunity to learn, play, love and grow. Read below about each of our Preschool programs. For a tour or more information, please contact Patricia Freund, School Principal at 688-5323.
Monday and Wednesday, 9:00 – 11:30 am or
Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 9:00 – 11:30 am
At St. Gregory the Great, our curriculum follows the New York State standards for Preschool. Our monthly themes integrate these standards and make learning fun. Such themes include: Caring and Sharing, Halloween, Under the Sea, Nursery Rhymes and Transportation.
Goals of our program include to:
• Learn that God loves us all.
• Introduce children to prayer.
• Easily separate from parent or caregiver.
• Communicate needs in an appropriate way.
• Listen, take turns and share with others.
• Introduce number and letter recognition.
• Develop large and small motor skills.
Field trips to the farm and onsite visits from the Buffalo Zoo, Aquarium of Niagara and Buffalo Science Museum supplement our science and social studies curriculum.
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
At St. Gregory the Great, our curriculum follows the New York State Core Standards for learning, preparing the whole child for Kindergarten and beyond.
Goals of our 4-year-old program include to:
• Learn that God created each child to be unique and foster that quality in each one of our students.
• Develop listening and pre-reading skills through the Magic Penny and school reading program.
• Master number recognition to 30. Write numbers to 20.
• Write full name using both upper and lower case letters.
• Develop socially within the classroom a sensitivity to others (classroom, community and world).
"Our 3-year-old daughter, who had never been away from us before, immediately loved school and her teachers. Activities were always arranged so that she could feel included. She has blossomed socially and physically under the wonderful guidance of her teachers. She excitedly tells everyone what she is learning and reenacts school with anyone willing to play along. She has become more independent and confident. Truly, I could not emphasize enough what a wonderful experience St. Greg's preschool has been for my daughter and our family. We feel welcomed each and every day and the amount of care shown is amazing. She is already excited about the prospect of attending school even more days next year!"