St. Gregory the Great Family Faith Formation Program affirms that religious education is a continuous, lifelong process. Students are encouraged to learn in an environment where they experience a sense of community, celebrate the Sacraments and learn the truths of their Catholic Faith.
Family Faith Formation offers Religious Education and Preparation for Sacraments so children can learn the truths of our Catholic Faith and become living disciples of Christ.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The old adage, “faith is caught not taught” is definitely true. At Baptism, you brought your child(ren) before the church community and asked the Church for Baptism. You promised to raise your child(ren) in the Catholic Faith. Most faith formation happens at home by sharing Bible stories, saying grace before meals, praying before bed and by attending Mass together each week as a family. Please know that all children are welcome here at St. Gregory’s parish community. In addition to our Weekly faith formation classes, we offer many additional opportunities in our parish for our youth:
- Kindergarten classes are offered on Monday afternoons and Saturday mornings
- Integrated and individualized programs and sacramental preparation for those children with special needs, physical disabilities or serious health issues.
- Children’s Catechemunate for older children who have not been baptized or those who have missed the sacraments of First Penance or Eucharist.
- Liturgy of the Word with Children at the 9:30 am Sunday Mass (Grades 1-4)
- Family Mass monthly at 9:30 am on Sundays
- St. Gregory Players drama team for Grades 5 up for the Christmas and Lenten Pageants from 10:30-11:15 am on Saturdays when classes are in session
- Music at the 4:30 pm Sunday mass for teens
- Vacation Bible School for ages K-Grade 4 for one week in July
- Disciple Camp for public school Grades 5-8 for one week in July
- High School Summer Program for public students in Grades 9 & 10 for one week in late June, early July
- Rosary Club for Grades 5-8 from 6:15-7:15 pm on Mondays, when FFF classes are in session.
- First Friday Club (Service & Ministry) for Grades 5-8 Disciple Camp participants from 7:00-9:00 pm October – February
- Parish Choirs for children and teens of all ages (check bulletin for times)
- Youth Ministry Activities called EDGE (for Grades 6-8) and LIFE TEEN (for High School students)
As parents, we know that you feel a tremendous burden to try to raise your children in the faith. We know you take your responsibility seriously. Our Family Faith Formation staff is here to support you in your role as the primary teachers of your children. You are always welcome to come to us with your concerns and suggestions. We are here to serve you.
In Christ’s Love,
Director of Family Faith Formation
"...So we ask the Lord that all those who come to the Church find the doors open;
find the doors open, open to meet this love of Jesus." - Pope Francis