Re-opening Plans, Guidelines and Sign Up!
UPDATED: July 23, 2020 - 10:30 PM
Sign Up for Mass here.
We are thrilled with the news from our Governor allowing for Houses of Worship to open to 25% capacity. Please know that we are prepared for this and it will require ALL of us to cooperate with one another to ensure our safety and proper celebration of the Eucharistic Liturgy. Please read this letter carefully as it contains information for you, your family and our joyful reunion in church for Mass.
Please take a moment to read the information below as it contains information for you, your family and our joyful reunion. Also please watch this important video about guidelines and procedures for your attendance at Mass.
- Weekend Masses will be celebrated at the usual times: Saturday at 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm as well as Sunday at 8:00 am, 9:30 am, 11:00 am, 12:30 pm and 4:30 pm.
- Weekend Masses will be celebrated in Church ONLY.
- We have noticed a decline in sign ups but the same amount of people attending each week. Even if you do not sign up you may still attend mass; HOWEVER, please know we can only have 250 per mass and once we have hit that capacity, we will not be able to let anyone else enter.
- If you can not sign up online, please call the parish office at 688-5678 by Friday at noon to have a staff member assist you with sign up.
- You will need to sign up before 12:00 noon on the Friday prior to the weekend Masses.
- Daily Masses will continue, at 7:00 am, 8:00 am and 12:00 noon.
- While the Church is appropriately sanitized, please be aware there is an assumed risk when attending Mass.
- The Adoration Chapel will remain closed due to the size of the chapel and the capacity limitations.
- Monday, July 20 Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be in the Church from 1:00 to 5:00 pm.
WHEN COMING TO CHURCH PLEASE ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING EXPECTATIONS:
- Only the front doors of the Church will be used to enter and exit for weekend Masses. If there is a line waiting to enter the Church please remain physically distant from other families in line.
- You are required to wear a face covering and will not be able to enter if you do not have one.
- Face coverings MUST be over your nose and mouth the entire time you are in Church.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the front Church doors and must be used upon entering.
- We ask you to distance yourself from others by six (6) feet, with the exception of families who may sit together.
- The Crying Room will be closed until further notice.
- Communion will be brought to you in your pew. Keep your face covering on as the Eucharistic Minister approaches you. Communion may be received in the hand only.
- After the Eucharistic Minister moves to the next person, lower or lift your face covering, place the Eucharist in your mouth, place your face covering back on and sit back down in your pew.
- No one may leave Mass early. Dismissal will take place row by row starting from the front working toward the back to maintain proper physical distancing.
- Please begin exiting as soon as the Priest has left the altar.
- There will be a basket at the exit doors of the Church for you to place your contributions. You may also continue to place your offerings in the secure drop box in the Office vestibule or use our on-line contribution system. We thank you for your great support through this entire crisis.
- Please do not congregate in the Church or outside of the main entrance of the Church after Mass.
- As per the Bishop, the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in place, in particular for those who are most vulnerable. It is recommended that those who are in poor health, fall in the category of high risk per the CDC and children under the age of two (2) not attend Mass.
- Please know we must be in compliance with Diocesan and New York State guidelines.
- Even if you feel you do not need a face covering or to honor physical distancing, please maintain both because many others DO see the need. A basic part of our Faith is thinking of others and this is a time we need to be mindful of others.
We are grateful to have you back in Church and ask everyone to practice good Catholic Christian understanding of love and mutual respect.
« Back to list page