We have many service opportunities for those who can share their time, talent and treasure!
Please check this page for updates for new service opportunities; we will post them as needed below.Thank you for all your support and God Bless you!
• Leadership Opportunity: Family Faith Formation is looking for enthusiastic, Confirmed Catholics willing to share their faith on a leadership team which will be working with small groups of high school freshmen and sophomores the week of June 26-30. There will be a 3 hour training in advance. Volunteers can work full days (from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm), morning shifts OR afternoon shifts for that full week.Activities will include leading discussions, helping in serviceprojects and team-building exercises. This is a volunteer experience that would qualify for service hours or leadership experience for honor/college/job applications. Anyone over 18 will be required to attend Protecting God's Children. Download Small Group Leader Volunteer Form
• Download Service Opportunities for High School Students. Updated 04.03.17.
• Parents Needed! for 2017 Vacation Bible School:
Be a Game Captain, Drama Coach, Crafts Leader or a Refreshments Captain! VBS runs from July 10 -14. Parent volunteers come from 8:45 am-12 noon. Please call 688-5760 for more information.
• Student Volunteer forms for High School Students who would like to volunteer for VBS 2017 are no longer available EXCEPT for students who can volunteer for Drama. To volunteer, you must be able to make the commitment to prepare, rehearse and perform skits. You must also be available on ALL of the following dates:
Saturday, July 8, 2017 from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm. Scripts for each day of VBS will be distributed with instructions. You will need to rehearse at home and memorize your lines.
Monday, July 10 through Thursday, July 13, 2017 from 11:00 am -12noon.
You will present skits to the children at VBS.
Friday, July 14, 2017 from 9:30 am to 12:00 noon.
You will present skits at the Closing Ceremony for VBS.
Please note: you will receive your full 20 hours for doing the drama for VBS. If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Gilbert at 688-5760 or email her at email@example.com .
• Catechists Needed for our Summer Programs and for the 2017-2018 school year! It's that time of year to find catechists to teach Family Faith formation classes! If you possess the following characteristics: Love of children, faith, prayer, sacraments, Jesus, Church and fun-then you're just the right person we're looking for! Catechists and substitute are needed for all grades. You will be provided with a lesson plan and all materials to teach . If you're not sure, try volunteering as a substitute-you'll find the time so rewarding! If you feel that this is what God is calling you to do, or you just want more information, please contact Joan Rischmiller at the Family Faith Formation Office at 688-5760.
· For Students in Grade 5 - 8:
Download the Information on Service Opportunities and Form (2 Pages)
"We must restore hope to young people, help the old,
be open to the future, spread love. Be poor among the poor.
We need to include the excluded and preach peace."