St. Gregory the Great recognizes the beauty and importance of this final Sacrament of Initiation. Preparing for the sacrament includes two years of faith formation (catechesis), and an enriching sacramental preparation program.
▪ Confirmation Sponsor/Candidate Sessions:
(Candidate and Sponsor attend ONE session)
• Wednesday, October 11 from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm OR
• Saturday, October 14: from 11:00 am - 12:30 am
in the School Gym/Cafeteria
▪ Mass of Enrollment: The new time for the Mass of Enrollment will be 9:30 AM on Sunday, October 22. Fr. Leon will be presiding. This new time will allow our pastor to personally join us and also will allow you to watch the Bills' game in the afternoon! Bring a sponsor if they’re available, or otherwise a parent or mentor. You will be acknowledged at Mass, make a commitment to the Confirmation process, and receive a blessing.
▪ Confirmation Retreat: For those who have not scheduled their Confirmation Retreat, please save the date! April 13 from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm. in the Ministry Center.
▪ Confirmation Interviews:
• Wednesday, March 13 from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
• Saturday, March 16 from 9:00 am - 12 noon
Sign up for specific interview times tba; interviews
are in the School Gym/Cafeteria.
▪ Confirmation Rehearsal: TBA
▪ Confirmation: TBA
Young parishioners who are currently completing Grade 9 should already be registered with the Family Faith Formation Office. If you have not registered, please click here to register.
For those attending a Catholic High School in September 2023:
Please register with the FFF Office if you didn't already so that you will be included on all sacramental mailings and information. Please download the form and return it to the FFF Office asap.
Download the Catholic School Registration Form
For those attending a public or secular private high school in September:
Please register for one of the Grade 10 Family Faith Formation classes offered; we offer a Weekly and a Monthly FFF option. Click here to find out more about the Program Options.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Michael Ruszala at 688-5760.
Attention all parishioner families with 8th graders: The Confirmation process starts in Grade 9. All parishioner families with 8th graders who will be seeking Confirmation during high school are asked to attend a Confirmation Information Meeting in the school cafeteria. There are two options: Tuesday, May 30 from 7:00-8:00 PM OR Wednesday, June 7 from 7:00-8:00 PM. This meeting is for both Catholic and Public school students. RSVP not required. Contact Family Faith Formation if unable to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 688-5760, ext. 358
Please note: this is for ALL current 8th graders, regardless of whether they are Public or Catholic school students. Youth at our parish typically receive Confirmation in the spring of Grade 10, but the Confirmation formation process begins the fall of Grade 9. There is a distinct journey for Catholic school and public school students for faith formation or religious instruction, but all come together for the sacrament and specific preparation events and activities through the parish.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions and know that you are in our prayers.
We are thrilled to congratulate the 106 young men and women who received the Sacrament of Confirmation over two days, on May 11 and 12. Congratulations and God Bless you all. We pray that God will bless your life, protect you and fill your hearts with happiness.